BEYOND By Bea is committed to protecting the privacy of customers' information. We take all reasonable steps to follow practices and procedures that:
- ensure we comply with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) and any privacy code applying to us; and
- allow us to deal with enquiries and complaints about our compliance with the APPs and any applicable privacy code.
If you are under sixteen, you must get permission from your parent or guardian before you:
- complete any forms, questionnaires or surveys for us; or
- accept any special offers or make any purchases from us.
1. WHY WE NEED TO COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
Under the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth), 'personal information' means "information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable". The information/ opinion does not have to be recorded in writing or be true.
We collect personal information from customers so that we can:
- provide online shopping services;
- provide bespoke clothing;
- make style and size recommendations;
- review, assess and improve our products and services;
- research and develop new products;
- market our products and services; and
- analyse and predict customer behaviour
- provide introductions and collaboration opportunities with other brands and concepts
- suggest competition and social engagement opportunities.
2. HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information directly from you when you:
- fill in a form on www.beyondbybea.com
- make a purchase from us or take advantage of one of our special offers.
When you visit www.beyondbybea.com, information relating to your visit and how you use the site may be collected (e.g. your IP address, the web pages you visit, and the length of your visit).
Some of this may be personal information.
3. THE KINDS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect:
- your name, birthday and email address;
- your billing and shipping addresses;
- your account log-in details (including password);
- information about your purchases (including sizes and colours ordered);
- images (of you or otherwise) that are uploaded to our instagram gallery or social media channels and electronic newsletters that we distribute; and
- your credit or debit card details when buying from us online.
When you use a credit or debit card to buy from us online, your details are automatically transferred to a third party website for payment processing.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND WHO WE DISCLOSE IT TO
We use your personal information to:
- provide our services to you (including our online shopping and bespoke clothing services);
- make style and size recommendations to you;
- respond to any enquiries or complaints you may make;
- review, assess and improve our products and services;
- research and develop new products;
- carry out direct marketing and social media marketing activities (including posting); and
- help us analyse and predict consumer behaviour (but only where the information is aggregated and anonymous).
Marketing Consent and Opt Out
By agreeing to our website terms and conditions you are consenting to us using your personal information for direct marketing and social media marketing. At any time, you can request us to stop sending you marketing communications. Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclosure To Third Parties
(a) a company that is "related" to us under the Corporations Act 2001(Commonwealth) (but only for one of the purposes listed at the beginning of this section 4);
(b) third parties we engage to help us provide our products and services, or to improve them (e.g. website designers and technical support providers);
(c) third parties that provide us with marketing and advertising services (e.g. providers of electronic mailout services);
(d) selected third parties who have agreed to work with us to make a joint product/ service offering to you, and who are under strict contractual obligations to treat your personal information confidentially); and
(e) a third party that is taking over the assets or operations of one or both of us.
Consent to Disclosures
By agreeing to our website terms and conditions, you are consenting to us making the disclosures in (a)-(e) above. Without your consent to these disclosures of your personal information, we will unfortunately be unable to provide you with our online services.
5. DISCLOSURE OUTSIDE AUSTRALIA
6. HOW TO ACCESS AND CORRECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can access and correct the personal information by logging into your account via www.beyondbybea.com using your account email address and password you created.
If you request us to correct personal information we hold about you, we will take reasonable steps to make the correction so that, taking into account the purpose for which we hold the personal information, the information is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading.
If we make a correction to personal information about you; and before making the correction we had disclosed the information to another entity that is covered by the APPs; and you request us to notify the other entity of the correction, we will take reasonable steps to give that notification, unless it is impracticable or unlawful for us to do it.
If we refuse to:
- allow you access to the personal information we hold about you; or
- give access in the manner you request; or
- correct personal information about you as you request, we will write to you explaining at least:
- the reasons for our refusal (unless it would be unreasonable for us to give them); and
- how you can complain about the refusal.
If we refuse to correct personal information as requested by you, you may request us to associate with the information a statement that it is inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading. We will then take reasonable steps to associate the statement with the information in a way that makes the statement apparent to users of the information.
7. HOW TO COMPLAIN ABOUT OUR TREATMENT OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can complain about a breach by us of the APPs or a registered privacy code, by emailing email@example.com
Initially your complaint will be handled by our Customer Service Team, in accordance with established protocols for the particular type of complaint. If no handling protocol exists for your complaint, it will be referred to the relevant general manager for follow-up.
We will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information:
- misuse, interference and loss; and
- unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We make every effort to follow industry standard security measures for personal information under our control. All financial information is encrypted during transmission, and we self-certify against industry security standards for payment processing. Only authorised staff and consultants have access (on a restricted basis) to the personal information we collect. We regularly review developments in security and encryption technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Accordingly, although we endeavour to protect information you transmit to us, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of that information, and you transmit it at your own risk. You may be able to configure your browser to advise you whether the information you are sending us will be secure (encrypted) or not secure (unencrypted). Once we receive your transmission, we take reasonable steps to protect the information on our own systems. For more information you might like to refer to the OAIC Guide to Information Security, at:http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-resources/privacy-guides/guide-to-information-security
When registering on www.beyondbybea.com you will receive account details including a password of your choice. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and other account details. You are also fully responsible for all activities that occur on your account or involve the use of your password.
9. WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU DON'T PROVIDE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE REQUEST
If you do not provide personal information as requested by us we may not be able to respond to an enquiry or provide some or all of our online services.
10. DESTRUCTION AND DE-IDENTIFICATION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify personal information if:
- we no longer need to use or disclose the information in any of the ways we are entitled to use or disclose it under the APPs; and
- we are not legally required to keep the information.
11. OTHER MATTERS
If we receive unsolicited personal information about you, which we would not have been entitled to collect under the APPs, we will destroy or de-identify that information if it is lawful and reasonable for us to do so.
Web pages on www.beyondbybea.com may use 'cookies'. These are small files that are placed on your hard disk for data-collection purposes. Like an IP address, a cookie helps a website remember who you are. Cookies can make your subsequent visits to a website more seamless. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. However, by not accepting cookies, some web pages may not display properly or you may not be permitted to access certain information.
We will not adopt, use or disclose any identifier that has been issued by a government or government agency in relation to any individual or personal information.